Traditionally, most air purifiers have been designed and built to remove only particulate matters especially the dangerous PM 2.5, 10 that can travel deep inside our body and cause many health complications. With more advanced research into the type of indoor air pollutants, the problems of chemical gases and bad odour emanating from different sources (wooden floor, cleaning chemicals in bathroom and kitchen, rugs and carpets, etc.) came into the limelight. Left untreated it can affect the indoor air quality with stale and impure air. Conventional air purifiers fitted with HEPA filter does not remove bad odour and smell from inside the enclosed spaces. Removing bad odour or smell from an enclosed space requires an activated carbon filer or active purification technology fitted into an air purifier. Some of the best air purifiers for bad smell have been listed below:
- O2Cure Plug & Play Air Purifier:It works on an active air purification technology. This technology does not use the concept of mechanical filters. It is based on a patented PHI-Cell technology by RGF environmental group. It uses a broad-spectrum UV light directed on a quad-metallic surface coated with a hydrophilic coating. Atmospheric hydrogen peroxide is released through a chain of reactions that gets dispersed inside enclosed space.
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier for Smells: This is an ideal air purifier if you are looking for the removal of odours and smells inside your home. With its 6-stage air purification and deodorization technology, it is one of the most popular ones with customizable features like-
- Medium Filter
- Long lasting HEPA filter (2 years)
- Customized filter
- Activated Carbon filter
It can effectively remove kitchen smell, tobacco smoke, or any other kind of bad odour or smell. Moreover, the customized filter can be replaced with an odour removal filter.
reducing pet smells, cigarettes, cigar smoke, cooking odour and mildew smell. Another impressive feature of the air purifier is that it can be mounted on a wall with wall-mounted kit. On the aesthetic front, the front panel comes in 2 different colours and multiple designs. It can look like a piece of art in your house.
- Levoit LV-PUR131 Air Purifier for Odours: · This air purifier does the job of removing bad odour and smells at a reasonable cost. The device comes with a thick activated carbon filter for eliminating millions of gaseous particles and a true HEPA filter for capturing 99.97% of the airborne contaminants that contribute to indoor smells. From the safety point of view, it is also perfect as it is 100% ozone-free and does not produce any harmful by-product during the air filtration process. The device is perfect for a room size of up to 360 Sq. Ft. which makes it perfect for areas like the kitchen, living room, bedroom or small basement.
- Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier for Odour Elimination: This air purifier can eliminate bad odours and smells as well as sterilize the air. Besides the activated carbon filter, there is also a true HEPA filter inside it to remove 99.97% of solid airborne contaminants up to 0.3 microns in size that contributes to smell. The best part of this air purifier is the patented Plasma cluster technology that can break viruses, bacteria, chemical vapours and other pollutants at a molecular level. From the safety point of view, it is 100% safe with no ozone produced as a by product making the air heathier for breathing. It can cover a room size of up to 360 sq. ft. which suits the need of most of the people.
- IQAirHealthProPlus Air Purifier for Odours: The air purifier has one of the most advanced air filters for odour removal. It has a special V5-Cell Gas and odour filter designed for removing indoor odour emanating particles and chemical pollutants. It eliminates everything that cause smell whether it is from cooking, VOCs, tobacco smoke and more. It can last up to 2 years for odour protection. Besides, it is also equipped with an advanced HyperHepa filter that can capture 99.97% of particles down to 0.03 microns. This iscapable of removing a wide range of solid odour causing particles and lasts up to 4 years before a replacement is needed.
The air purifier has received numerous awards for its effectiveness in removing the smells and improving overall health.
As per UL standards: Ozone produced by a device at an average of 8 Hrs. should be less than 0.1 PPM