Best Air Purifiers In India 2022: The problem of air pollution has become a menace to human lives. Notwithstanding the efforts by the government and non-government agencies, the problem does not seem to recede. Quite alarmingly, the situation has only gotten more dangerous over the past few decades. Rapid industrialization for economic development and the lack of greener alternative technology for energy production are many reasons for the situation.
Besides ambient air pollution, indoor pollution has also risen in the last few decades. Indoor air quality could be 2–5 times worse than outdoor air quality, and very few people know about this. The source of indoor air pollution could be seemingly normal pollutants in our homes like dust accumulating near the rug, carpet, VOCs emanating from the stove inside the kitchen, wooden floors, and other items needing cleaning in bathrooms and kitchens.
Fortunately, the best air purifiers in India can control the levels of indoor air pollution. First, let’s look at what you need to consider before choosing the right air purifier for your home. But before that, let’s see how good air purifiers work.
How Do Air Purifiers Function?
The filter is a good air purifier’s central component or technology. The filter is a mesh that prevents hazardous particles and germs while allowing air to pass through. So, essentially, the filters clean the air while the remainder of the system handles air intake and outflow. The rate of intake and outflow is determined by the ability of the blower and filter to cleanse the air. That’s all.
In other words, you choose the filter and add-on features. Next, let’s move on to the next section.
Now, let’s have a look at the best air purifier products:
Air Purifier For Microbes
- Elixir Air Purifier: The best air purifier in India for home with 6 layers of purification system that removes any microscopic pollutants and allergens including PM 2.5, pollen, harmful gasses, VOCs and odor. Filters have an anti-bacterial, anti-microbes coating with properties to fight against microbes. In addition to the 6 layers of purification, it has a humidifier which is very effective during winters or dry seasons. The price of this best air purifiers
- in India is more budget-friendly than other air purifiers
|Name||Elixir Air Purifier|
|Power Consumption||65 W|
|Coverage Area||450 Sq. Ft.|
|Noise Level||<24 DB|
|Air Flow Level||350 CMH|
|Filter Type||HEPA, Activated Carbon|
|Dimension||36 x 20 x 56.7 cm|
- O2Cure Plug & Play Air Purifier: O2Cure Plug & Play Air Purifier is a product one of its kind. It works on an active air purification technique. The air purifier is equipped with a PHI-Cell technology that produces atmospheric hydrogen peroxide which neutralizes all kinds of microbes including the coronavirus rendering it harmless by altering its DNA/RNA structure. Besides the microbes, this air purifier takes care of particles below 0.3 microns and is also effective at removing other pollutants like bacteria, viruses, mold, fungus, odor, formaldehyde, VOCs, harmful gasses, etc. The air purifier is the right choice to restore the freshness and security of your home for your family and your loved ones.
|Name||Plug & Play Air Purifier|
|Advanced Oxidations||Less than 0.4 PPM|
|Coverage Area||500 Sq. Ft|
|Warranty||1 year Except Consumables|
- Dyson Pure Hot +Cool: This Dyson air purifier performs well in most conditions. It has the capability to eliminate harmful PM 2.5 and 10. It is packed with special features like heated air projection, scheduling, oscillation, IoT connectivity, auto mode, and more. All the mentioned features make it a convenient device. Although the price is a little bit on the higher side, the air purifier is designed for customers who place a high priority on clean air for health and fresh living. There are a few limitations like the sides warm up during heated air purification mode.
|Name||Dyson Pure Hot + Cool|
|Coverage Area||600 Sq. Ft.|
|Air Flow Level||1044 CMH|
|Filter Type||HEPA, Activated Carbon|
- O2Cure Hulk Air Purifier: A smart sensing air purifier with a 7-stage advanced purification system for any microscopic pollutants and allergens including PM 2.5, pollen, harmful gasses, VOCs, and odor. Filters have an antibacterial and antimicrobial coating with properties to fight microbes. In addition to the 7 layers of purification, it has a humidifier which is very effective during winters or dry seasons. The price of this best air purifier in India is very competitive and economical. This is the best buy air purifier for homes in India.
|Name||Hulk Air Purifier|
|Power Consumption||95 W|
|Coverage Area||850 Sq. Ft.|
|Noise Level||<24 DB|
|Air Flow Level||500 CMH|
|Filter Type||HEPA, Activated Carbon|
|Dimension||40 x 23 x 66 cm|
- Sharp FP-J80M-H: Covering an area of 680 sq. ft.,. It is armed with an advanced Plasma Cluster ion generator combined with an activated charcoal filter and an H14 grade HEPA filter. This air purifier is suited for a home where people are suffering from respiratory problems. There are special modes like pollen and haze for offering protection against allergy and a wide range of particles and pollutants.
|Power Consumption||1.3 W|
|Coverage Area||680 Sq. Ft.|
|Air Flow Level||480 CMH|
|Noise Level||49 DB|
- Elixir Air Purifier: The best air purifiers in India for home with 6 layers of purification system that removes any microscopic pollutants and allergens including PM 2.5, pollen, harmful gasses, VOCs and odor. Filters have an anti-bacterial, anti-microbes coating with properties to fight against microbes. In addition to the 6 layers of purification, it has a humidifier which is very effective during winters or dry seasons. The price of this best air purifier in India is more budget-friendly than other air purifier
- Philips AC 1215/20 portable Air Purifier: This is ideal for people who are on the move with a budget constraint. This air purifier can remove the harmful PM 2.5, 10 with its combination of Vitashield IPS and NanoProtect Pro (HEPA) filter. Besides, particulate matter, this air purifier for the home can also remove harmful gases like Formaldehyde and a few total volatile organic compounds. This home air purifier is equipped with a real-time air quality check onboard and in auto-mode the fans will speed up whenever there is a drop in the air quality. It can also get rid of dangerous bacteria and viruses as claimed.
|Name||Philips AC 1215/20|
|Power Consumption||50 W|
|Coverage Area||677 Sq. Ft.|
|Noise Level||33 DB|
- BLUE STARS-AP490LAN: This is an air purifier for homes that offers a specialized UV- based microbe sterilization technology. It can eliminate 99.7% of microbes in the living space. It is also equipped with Sense Air technology that can automatically detect, monitor, and detect the presence of airborne pollutants inside the room. This information is used to automatically change the performance for purifying the room in a better way. Besides, this it also has the capability to remove odor from inside the room restoring freshness.
|Power Consumption||88 W|
|Coverage Area||800 Sq. Ft.|
|Noise Level||29 DB|
|Air Flow Level||915 CMH|
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Home Air Purifier
Here are seven things you should keep in mind while choosing good air purifiers:
The filters are the most crucial parts of an good air purifier. A decent to buy air purifier India should have HEPA and Carbon filters. These layers will filter out the dangerous PM2.5 and PM10 particles. These microscopic particles can accumulate in our lungs and cause breathing problems and other long-term illnesses and disorders.
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. This allows you to determine how rapidly the air purifiers for homes operate. It computes how many cubic feet of air the gadget can filter in one minute.
The higher the CADR score, the better the air filtration. Consider getting the best air purifier in India with a higher CADR rating if you have a bigger working space.
Some filters will have light-based indicators that will notify users of how terrible or excellent the air quality is in a certain setting. While some good air purifiers may feature colour-based indicators that change from red to orange to blue depending on the air quality. On the other hand, other purifiers may include a proper live monitor that displays growing or decreasing amounts of pollutants in real-time.
The dimensions of air purifiers for home
Consider the square footage of the space you wish to filter while selecting the best air purifier in India for your home.
You should also consider the air change per hour (ACH) rate. The number of times a good air purifier can filter the full air volume in the treatment space each hour is called the ACH.
Air purifiers for home can clean the air in an area at least four times per hour, which is ideal. A rate of four air changes per hour ensures that the air purifier thoroughly cleans the air and filters out as many minor pollutants as feasible, enabling customers to breathe comfortably.
Best Air purifier India For Home With Activated Charcoal Filters
When shopping for air purifiers for home, look for one with an activated carbon layer. This layer absorbs all toxic gasses and chemicals in the air and provides odorless air.
Replacement Of The Filter
Air purifier filters must be cleaned or replaced regularly. To buy the best air purifiers in India you need to check all the necessary filters, but what if the filters are extremely difficult to remove and replace? This is why you should consider elements such as how simple it is to remove, clean, or change the filters of a good air purifier since this is something you may need to do frequently.
Noise And Power Consumption
Your best air purifier India may be operating for most of the day, if not the whole day, and as a result, you may want to consider how much power your selected model uses. It would help if you also considered how much noise the model makes when operating since this may be a source of concern for children, pets, or elderly household members.
What Should I Look For In An Air Purifier In India?
The Indian market is full of air purifiers with a diverse range of features and prices. To choose the best air purifier for your needs, it is important to consider the specific problems you are trying to solve. For example, if you live in a heavily polluted city, you will need an air purifier with high CADR ratings to effectively remove pollutants from the air. Similarly, if you have allergies or asthma, you will need an air purifier with HEPA filtration to trap allergens and other harmful particles.
When making your selection, it is also important to consider the overall size of the unit as well as the specific features that each model offers. Some units come with additional features such as ionizers
Are Air Purifiers Effective In India?
Yes, air purifiers are effective in India. The high levels of pollution in India make air purifiers a necessity for many people.
There are a number of different types of air purifiers on the market, and it’s important to choose one that is appropriate for your specific needs. Some air purifiers are designed to remove particulate matter from the air, while others are designed to remove harmful gases and fumes.
It’s also important to maintain your air purifier properly, or it will not be effective. Be sure to replace the filter regularly, and clean the unit regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What Are The Different Types of Air Purifiers Available In The Market?
There are many different types and brands of air purifiers on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one to choose. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 air purifiers in India.
Each of these air purifiers has been carefully selected based on a number of factors, such as effectiveness, features, and price. We’re confident that you’ll find the perfect air purifier for your needs on this list.
How Does An Air Purifier Work?
An air purifier is a device that cleans the air in your home or office by removing dust, pollen, and other airborne particles. It works by drawing in dirty air and passing it through a filter that traps the dirt and allergens. The filtered air is then released back into the room, leaving you with cleaner, healthier air to breathe.
Air purifiers come in a variety of sizes and styles to suit your needs, and they can be used for both indoor and outdoor spaces. Some air purifiers even come with WiFi connectivity so you can monitor the quality of your indoor air from anywhere.
What Are The Common Problems Faced With Air Purifiers?
There are a few common problems that can occur with air purifiers. One issue is that they can become clogged with dirt and dust, which can reduce their effectiveness. Another problem is that they may build up static electricity, which can attract airborne particles.