The 2nd wave of the coronavirus unfolded with an unforeseen disaster across the country. Frontline staff, nurses, doctors, Government and Non-Government agencies were pushed to the limit as bodies piled up at an unprecedented scale. Even our medical infrastructure has been facing a severe challenge for the last 1 and a half years. Total no. of fatality could have been prevented from a proactive approach by planning in advance for essential supplies like oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrators, and sufficient no. of beds for the affected. A famous saying “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it” stands valid today. As the coronavirus keeps on mutating with more lethal capabilities, it is the right time we focus on some proactive measures to contain the future spread. Scientists, virologists and doctors are already predicting a 3rd wave of the virus in the coming months. The big question remains “Are we ready for the 3rd wave of Coronavirus in India?”
Government and private hospitals are much better prepared when compared to the last outbreak. Oxygen production capacities have already been ramped up taking into consideration the future scenario. Besides boosting our essential supplies, the use of home air purifiers is also being promoted across the demographic segment to neutralize the threat of the virus. The lack of general awareness about indoor air pollutants still remains low as people are not sure about its capabilities.
Can Coronavirus Be Considered As Air Pollutants ?
The general misconception is that the coronavirus is not an air pollutant. However, the fact of the matter is the coronavirus categorized under microbial are considered air pollutants. The size of the coronavirus is 0.125 microns (mm) and cannot be discerned by the naked eyes. Just like other air pollutants dander, smoke, pollen, VOCs, PM 2.5, 10, and coronavirus can also be tackled through the use of an advanced air purifier. Research has conclusively proven that the virus can travel in the air via aerosol. “Why you should get a Home Air Purifier for Covid-19 (Coronavirus) – 3rd wave is the big question. Below are listed reasons for getting a home air purifier for Covid-19 (Coronavirus)-3rd wave.
1. Eliminates Suspended Particulate matter that acts as the carrier of the virus: An advanced air purifier with multiple stages of filtration can remove the suspended particulate matter from inside the living spaces. The suspended particulate matter provides a perfect medium for the virus to attach itself and travel a long distance for infecting another person in the vicinity. Besides, sneezing and coughing the virus is also released into open space through breathing or speaking slowly. A higher level of PM 2.5, 10 may aggravate the cases of the 3rd wave of the coronavirus.
2. Reduced risk of Cross-Contamination: Sneezing or coughing is one of the main causes of cross-contamination. While sneezing or coughing, droplets both heavy and light are released into the air. While the heavier particles may drop to the ground/surface at a distance of 3 ft. the lighter one could travel up to 8 ft. An air purifier with active air purification technology can neutralize such virus particles in the air by releasing atmospheric Hydrogen peroxide in the air. The virus is rendered harmless when its DNA/RNA structure is changed by hydrogen peroxide ions.
3. Maintains optimal level of humidity: It is a well-known fact that the dry air causes nasal irritation and easy movement of pollutants as can be experienced in winter seasons when the level of pollution shoots up drastically. Modern air purifiers fitted with humidifiers maintain the right amount of moisture in the indoor space leading to a healthy and fresh internal environment.
4. Mitigates symptoms of respiratory diseases that aggravate the problem of Covid-19: Results have already shown that people already suffering from any respiratory issues like TB, Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), etc. are more susceptible to the threat of the Covid-19. An air purifier with active air purification technology that is tested and proven neutralizes the microbial including bacteria and viruses that can worsen the symptoms of above mentioned respiratory issues.
O2Cure Plug & Play Air Purifier:
If you are looking for an air purifier to counter the threat of the coronavirus, O2Cure Plug & Play Air Purifier is the right choice. Some of its highlights are mentioned below:
- A traditional method of removing the virus by using high-grade HEPA filters is a passive air purification technique using recirculation of air. : Plug & Play for Coronavirus on the other hand uses active air purification technology by equipping itself with the PHI-Cell technology.
- PHI or Photo hydro ionization is a photo catalytic oxidation, using the quad metallic surface as the catalyst exposed to a broad spectrum specially designed UV light. It creates an advance oxidation process consisting of hydro peroxides, super oxide & hydroxide ions. All are friendly oxidisers that revert back to oxygen and hydrogen after the oxidation of the pollutant.
- These oxidisers kill the microbes throughout the indoor space at the source of contamination. The generated Hydrogen peroxide is produced within the permissible limit, in molecular/atmospheric nature, safe for humans, unlike other unsafe oxidizers.
Test Conducted by Innovative Bio-analysis Laboratory, California
The PHI-Cell was tested at Innovative Bioanalysis lab, California for airborne inactivation of SARS-COV-2. Studies were conducted inside a large chamber (1,280 cu. ft.) using a direct air sampling method/inoculated surface of the aerosolized virus, resulting in >99% reduction of the virus in the air and surfaces.
Test Conducted by CSIR-CCMB (Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology) Lab (ICMR approved), Hyderabad-India
The result of anti-viral testing with the PHI-Cell showed a 97% viral reduction from 15 minutes onward until 60 minutes. The viral particle number reduced from 106.4 -104.8.
Sneeze test Conducted by Kansas State University
Testing protocol conducted by Kansas State University used the concept of sneeze simulation machine and sneeze chamber. It produced an outstanding result. A PHI REME® double-blind test at three feet from the source achieved an average of 99% reduction of microbes.
Third-Party Test Done on PHI REME by CARB: CALIFORNIA RESOURCES BOARD for Health Hazards from Ozone Emission
An independent study prepared for the California Resources Board (CARB) and the California Environmental Protection Agency (CEPA) which tested various induct air purifiers available on the market. Out of the induct air purifiers tested on table 3.16 (p.89) the reports states: “The RGF Guardian Air had the lowest emission rate, near the limit of quantification”. The report is 249 pages long and we have summarized some points below to save you time. The full report with graphs mentioned below can be found here: https://www.arb.ca.gov/research/apr/past/09-342.pdf
Completely Safe for Humans-The PHI-Cell technology produces ionized hydrogen peroxide in safe concentrations not exceeding 0.02 PPM replicating the concentration of the natural atmosphere (0.01-0.03 PPM).